The business case for Digital Asset Management in retail
How do you use technology to manage digital assets effectively?
Retailers large and small often have to deal with enormous numbers of product images, videos and other media files. But how do they manage these digital assets? How strong is their awareness of the benefits of digital asset management (DAM) in this? How well do they understand what DAM is and does?
The consulting firm Ovum surveyed 250 retailers in the US and UK to gain insight into retailers' current practices and attitudes regarding digital asset management.
Most retailers think they understand what DAM is and believe they have deployed DAM. However, the reality is different, the majority of them waste hours a week looking for files.
This report sheds light on:
- the problems that retailers face in creating multi-channel content
- the main digital asset management pain points that retailers face;
- the importance of integrating DAM with other software solutions such as pim
- the need to be able to offer digital assets on mobile devices
- The meaning of DAM in the cloud