After a market survey, NCOI has decided to develop a PIM (Product Information Management) system in which all product information such as the price, the characteristics of the product and the title of the training is managed.
To enrich the content from the PIM and the planning system has been chosen Publication Organiser
based on WoodWing's multichannel CMS and publishing workflow software. The content from the PIM and the planning system is shown within Publication Organizer and is enriched here with commercial texts and images that are specific to the brand. With help from Adobe InDesign Paginator
all content elements for the print publications can be planned to the pages of the brochures. The designers do the final editing in the layout but no longer have to worry about the content. In this way, the layout of the brochures can be prepared with a high degree of predictability and flexibility within the shortest possible turnaround times.
“Publication Organizer (PO) is the director of the content. PO orchestrates access to information and also ensures that both the Adobe InDesign templates and our Web CMS are filled with content, information from the PIM system, the integrated DAM system and the planning information from our back office systems. ” - Ferry Olie
Both the PIM and the CMS have statuses. If the content is set to “ready for publication” in the PIM system, the data is prepared for the various digital channels. This content is retrieved by the CMS systems of the various NCOI brands through pull. Graphit has used a so-called content API for this.
“For this project we were looking for a partner with a lot of knowledge and expertise in omnichannel content creation. A partner who was willing to delve into our processes, manage us and support us in the implementation of the content management and workflow platform. That is why we have had an intensive collaboration with Graphit for many years ”
- A clear, time-saving workflow has been introduced for each training.
- Training brochures no longer have to be created and published according to a serial lengthy process. In parallel, multiple activities can take place automatically more quickly.
- The design team of the NCOI Group receives fully automatically formatted pages for the different brands.
- PDFs are automatically generated from training brochures and placed in the right place on the website for future students.
- New content for all brands can be published on all channels at any time.
- Shorter time-to-market to get training at an (even) earlier stage to the attention of the students.
- Ferry Olie